Applying for MBE Certification at Carolinas-Virginia MSDC, consists of the steps below. The Certification process can take up to 90 days. The time depends on how complete your application is.
1. Filling out the online Certification application. Certification starts with the online application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application. Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential.
2. Pay for your non-refundable application fee. You may pay by credit card or send a check. The processing of your application will begin when payment and all supporting documentation is received.
3. Sending required documentation through postal mail. Carolinas-Virginia MSDC requires specific documents to complete the Certification process. The documentation can be sent through postal mail, however, we encourage a method of delivery that provides a tracking number so documentation can be tracked.
4. Application and documents are reviewed for completeness.
5. Conducting Site Visit. Carolinas-Virginia MSDC will perform a site visit to review your business premises and conduct a personal interview of the owner(s). This step is performed by a Certification Specialist and the applicant.
6. Committee Review. The Certification Committee meets monthly to review applications for MBE Certification. The Certification Committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the Board for final approval.
7. Board Review. The Board will review the Certification Committee’s recommendation and make the final decision. If the Board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal within 30 days of your notification. If approved, you will be notified by e-mail and postal mail.
Where can you apply?
You can apply for an MBE Certification online. Before you can apply online, you must first become a register user. Register now by clicking here.
Already a registered user? Ready to apply? Click here to start your application and apply now.